Saturday, November 19, 2011

New York Food: Carnegie Deli

So being a foodie and a pastrami lover, I had to make a stop at the famous Carnegie Deli during our visit to New York.  This was a much for me, since my very first memory of food in New York (this dates probably just about 20 years ago now) was a hot pastrami sandwich on rye with mustard.  I took it to go from a deli in south Manhattan and ate it as a walked my way through the glorious streets of Manhattan.

Anyway, the place was great.  A big line to get in, but luckily we got there a few minutes before the big lunch rush.  We get a table in the middle room by the wall.  Pictures of the rich and famous signed to the owners cover the walls.  Waiters pass around with plates loaded with large amounts of food, and I mean LARGE.  We are hungry and feel are in the right place so we order and pretty much share everything at the table.

Here is a sample of what came to the table:


Hot pastrami on rye (I had to)
Turkey Club with crispy salty bacon
and one of the the juiciest turkey I have ever tried
Open-face corned beef ruben - Was much better than the picture looks

No comments:

Post a Comment